26 Sep 2011 #1
Forum Rules and Information
Welcome to USMilitaryLife.com
Please read the rules carefully and do your part to make this forum a pleasant place for all members.
Who can join us?
You don't need to have served in the military (or possibly joining the military) to join us. Everyone is welcome to register, but you must be registered to post here as guest posting is not enabled.
New members are encouraged to introduce themselves here.
OPSEC and PERSEC (Operations Security and Personnel Security) always has first priority!
Read the OPSEC/PERSEC specific info listed here before posting in the forum!
If you find anything that you believe is in violation of OPSEC/PERSEC, please report it to the forum staff immediately by using the report post button.
- Military ranks, titles, etc. are not allowed in usernames unless you have earned it!
- If you are not a current or former member of the military, or in any other way related, please do not use SF, Ranger, SEAL, Force Recon, Marine, Sailor, Soldier, etc. in your username. If you choose to use names like this, or if you claim to be (or have been) a part of the military, please complete as much of the profile information as possible to make it clear what you are.
- Do not try to pretend that you're something or someone you aren't. You will be revealed eventually, and this will result in being permanently banned, and notification of the proper authorities.
- Do not create multiple usernames for any reason. If you have a problem with your current one contact an administrator and they will try to help you resolve the problem. If you are in a situation where you are going to be sharing an IP address with other (real) people, please let us know before we catch you.
General Forum Rules
- Be polite and respect the other members.
- The following are not permitted, but not limited to; Flaming, baiting, name calling, country bashing, spamming, hate and/or racism.
- English is the only language allowed here. If you post in another language, then an English translation must be posted as well.
- Do not openly question the staff in the forums! Use PM's if you have any questions or complaints about moderation or moderators.
- Please use the report post button if you think a post should be removed or edited. Don't reply to spammers, clear violations of the rules, etc.
- Please do not double post (replying directly after one of your own posts) unless there isn't enough space in one post for text and/or images. You may edit your post if you need to add something additional to it. Bumping posts are allowed after 24 hours. If you try to bump your posts prior to the 24 hours, the posts will automatically be merged.
- Please, no shouting (writing in all caps).
- Advertising for commercial sites, or sites similar to this one, is not allowed. Contact the forum administrator first if you are in doubt about your site or if you are interested in advertising with us.
- The forum staff have the right to lock or remove any thread or ban any user without question.
- You are not permitted to post links until you have made 5 posts. This is to help reduce spammers (This includes pictures and videos).
- You are not permitted to send PM's until you have made 5 posts. This is to help reduce spammers. If, however, you receive a PM that you believe to be spam, please use the report button and we will look into it.
- Use the 56k prefixes. These are only needed if you have made a thread that has, or will potentially have pictures and/or videos.
If you break any of these rules, your posts may be edited or deleted and you may receive a warning/infraction by the forum staff.
Three warnings/infractions without any improvement will result in a temporary ban, and three temporary bans will result in a permanent ban.
In most cases, minor offenses will give you a 1-2 day temporary ban.
Major offenses will receive an immediate ban, and your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and the proper authorities will be notified if we consider the offense(s) to be severe enough.
Banned and/or inactive accounts will not be removed.
Signatures, Avatars and Profile Pictures
- Signature images must be kept to a maximum of 468x100. Anything over those dimensions will be removed and you must choose another image to use.
- Avatars must be kept to a maximum of 65x65. Anything over those dimensions will be removed and you must choose another image to use.
- Profile pictures must be kept to a maximum of 150x150. Anything over those dimensions will be removed and you must choose another image to use.
- Images that can be considered "work-unfriendly" are not allowed in either avatars or signatures.
- You are not permitted to post links in your signature until you have made 5 posts. This is to help reduce spammers. (This includes pictures and videos)
- You must have been a registered member for 7 days and have at least 10 posts before you can play the games in the Arcade.
Last edited by HMBeaty; 07 Dec 2011 at 02:18 PM."Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time"
"It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
"When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"